You’ll all be aware that Services Australia is upgrading the technology used by Practice management software such as Bp Premier and Bp VIP.net to connect to digital health services such as Medicare online. Hopefully, you also know that this new technology will replace the existing Medicare client adapter and PKI certificates, and that will be facilitated by the use of PRODA. Most importantly, what you definitely need to know is that Practices must migrate to this new technology by March 2022, to maintain access to Medicare Online functionality.
What you might not know, is that while March 2022 may seem too far away to begin preparation, now is actually the perfect time for you to start preparing for Medicare Web Services. There are a few steps in this process and you can not only be across what this change is all about, you can also complete steps 1 – 4, right now. Imagine that – you’d already be 70% of the way there, and across one of the biggest technological changes in the healthcare industry for quite a while, with plenty of time to spare.
Ok, so you’re ready to take the first steps?
- Firstly, familiarize yourself with what this change is all about, and how it will impact you and your Practice by clicking here to watch this short introduction to Medicare Web Services and PRODA.
- Next up, click here to view Step 1. Registering an individual account in PRODA. Already got one? Fantastic! Onto the next step. Does everyone in the Practice need one? No. Not sure if that’s you? The clip in this step covers that.
- Click here to access Step 2. Registering an organisation in PRODA. Already got one? Even better. Step 3 will be for you.
- Click here to access Step 3. Managing members and delegates in PRODA.
- Finally, this one is only relevant if you actually have subsidiary organisations. Click here to access Step 4. Add subsidiaries. Not sure you if you have any? The clip in this step will guide you through what they are, if they’re applicable to you and whether you need to register them.
And that’s pretty much it for now! You’re 70% of the way to preparing for Medicare Web Services access through your software! What happens next? Well the team here at Best Practice Software are working hard to develop the product versions integrated with Medicare Web Services by the end of Q3 this year. Plenty of time to complete the final two configuration steps from within your software. Stay tuned to our Knowledge Base and communications for more information, or you can contact us with any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Training, Knowledge & Deployment Leader at Best Practice Software
Explore our range of news and training resources:
Bp Learning Video Library | Bp Learning Training Options | Bp Newsroom Blog
Subscribe to Our Newsletters | Bp Learning Webinars