Join our Finance & Reporting team in our Bundaberg Operations Hub
If you’d like to join us on our quest, consider this exciting career opportunity now available.
Our new Finance & Reporting Leader is based in our Finance & Reporting team in our Bundaberg Operations Hub.
The original base of Best Practice Software, and now a major operational nerve centre for the company’s operations, our Bundaberg Operations Hub is located in the regional city’s Central Business District, on the central coast of Queensland, just four hours’ drive – or a 40-minute flight – north of Brisbane.
Bundaberg is an important provincial business, government and agricultural service city. Our facilities in Bundaberg form part of one of Australia’s largest health-IT campuses and includes three modern purpose-fit buildings accommodating a busy national support centre, and a variety of software development and commercial operations.
So, are you ready to be a part of this dynamic environment?
Reporting to the Manager, Finance and Reporting, in this hands-on role you will supervise and coordinate a small team to provide effective transactional processing, accounting, cash flow and financial management, financial reporting and governance support to organisational managers.
- Coordinate financial processing and record-keeping for:
- accounts payable, including supplier payments and reconciliations;
- accounts receivable and receipting, including customer invoicing and subscription management;
- banking, including provider interactions, card and account payments and reconciliations;
- timesheets, including liaising with organisational managers and supervisors as required;
- payroll, including liaising with remuneration packaging providers and taxation authorities;
- purchase and work order costing, including authorisations;
- general ledger maintenance and journaling, including regular engagement with Bp’s accountants; and
- full month-end processing duties.
- The role will assist with Financial Reporting – P &L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Forecasting, Budgets, EBITDA and various management reports as needed;
- Assist with preparation of budgets;
- Assist with P&L review and variance analysis;
- Supervise and coordinate the work of team members according to their areas of responsibility, providing them with support and advice on administrative and finance processes.
Our Ideal Applicant:
Naturally, we’re after the best. We believe our ideal applicant will bring the following attributes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Graduate qualifications in Accounting, Business or Commerce and CA/CPA;
- Demonstrated experience in leading and contributing to a successful team;
- Highly-developed people management and leadership skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong business acumen with a commercial background;
- Experience in, and mindset for, driving process and systems’ improvements;
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail;
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to apply sound judgement;
- Advanced time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and achieve objectives;
- Advanced report writing skills;
- Ability to liaise with and forge strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- High proficiency in using software particularly MS Excel. Previous MYOB, XERO and MYOB Advanced experience highly desirable;
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs of the business;
- Experience in the Health Industry, specifically medical software – is desirable but not essential.
If you’re ready to soar to new heights, then hit that button below marked Apply for This Job. Please ensure that you complete the screening questions before submitting, as this will form part of your application.
Only people with the rights to work within Australia need apply. Find out more and apply here.