For a full list of changes please refer to theÂ Saffron SP1 Release notes.
Before you perform the Program Update:
- Please ensure you have read the Bp Premier Upgrade Guide prior to proceeding with the upgrade. It is important to note that upgrades should be completed outside of business hours (with no users connected).
- Â For Clinics using Best Practice version 220.127.116.112 (Summit)Â please refer to the Upgrade Checklist included in the Bp Premier Summit to Saffron Upgrade Guide for important information regarding the significant changes included in our Saffron release.
- Â Ensure you are using Best Practice version 18.104.22.1683 or higher and the Latest Data Update has been applied
- Â NET Framework 4 (installs automatically if not present, however will require a reboot of the PC)
NOTE:Â If .NET 4.6.2 is not already installed on your Server a reboot is required, therefore the update cannot be performed while Bp Premier is in use.
- Before you run a program upgrade on the Bp Premier server, ensure that any workstations in remote download mode have been synchronised with the server database. If you do not synchronise laptops in remote mode before you upgrade, you will have to re-enter all information recorded while in remote mode. For instructions on how to synchronise, review the section Synchronise new data with the server. In this case, all users will need to log out of Bp Premier until the upgrade is complete on the server.
In this case, all users will need to log out of Bp Premier until the upgrade is complete on the server.
If you are unfamiliar with applying Bp Premier updates, the followingÂ Knowledge base article explains how to download an update from this site.
Please see the links below for further guidance:
IMPORTANT: This update will need to update the database tables used by the program. Best Practice Software recommends updating the server outside of business hours. After applying to the server, the upgrade can then be applied to each workstation, this workstation update should only take a few minutes. Due to new features released in the Indigo update it is a requirement that any sites using Management update all clients immediately as Management functions will be disabled in previous versions that connect to a Saffron server install.
After upgrading, the Setup Third-Party Integrations screen will prompt you to enable the specific partner role for any third-party database integrations that your practice uses.Â YouÂ mustÂ enable integrations from this screen; all legacy integrations will be disabled after upgrading to Saffron.
Please note:Â If the file does not download immediately, please right-click theÂ DownloadÂ button and click â€œSave link asâ€œ.