Welcome to the June Edition of the Bp Partner Network Newsletter
Please use the buttons below to navigate this edition.
Bp Premier – Saffron SP3 Revision 1
Publicly released on Tuesday 17th May
Changes were made to assist practices:
- A number of issues with performing a check for payments for Tyro bulk bill easy claims have been resolved.
- When submitting immunisations to the AIR, if an AIR location provider number is not entered, then the billing provider’s provider number is used instead.
- When submitting immunisations to the AIR, the billing provider’s provider number is now correctly used so Services Australia’s vaccination provider information payments should now be made to the correct provider – further information about this can be found here.
- A link to further information on the knowledge base has been added to patient claiming transmission error messages.
- Practices set up in PRODA with multiple minor IDs and a single B2B device now connect correctly from Bp Premier to PRODA
Bp Premier – Orchid
Latest Industry Preview was sent out to Partners on 19th May
- Multiple Observations can now be recorded to a patient within the same day.
- The removal of legacy eOrdering is to be implemented in Orchid and will available for Partners to test in a future industry preview build
Link to industry preview page.
Partners have 14 days to test and provide feedback once a Industry Preview release has been made available. Feedback can be provided by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or on the Partner Forum.
Testing by Partners during this time is imperative as it will allow Bp to undertake bug fixing before public release.
Medicare Web Services (MWS)
- Both Bp Premier Saffron SP3 and Bp VIP.net Topaz SP1 are now conformant with MWS.
- Bp Premier Saffron SP3 Revision 1 has been released, with a number of bug fixes for MWS functionality.
- Orchid will include two new AIR functionalities (updating natural immunity and medical contraindications). NOI conformance has passed is and awaiting beta with an expected mid-year release.
- Topaz SP1 for Bp VIP.net is in its final phases of beta testing.
- Deadline for both products is the 19th of June, 2022.
National Real Time Prescription Monitoring (RTPM)
- NSW SafeScript will be rolling out state-wide by the end of May. Functionality is already available and ready to go in both Bp VIP.net and Bp Premier.
- SMS funding by the Department of Health has been extended until the end of 2022.
- Bp Premier’s Orchid release will include updates to comply with the EP3.0 conformance profile. Work is underway at the moment and conformance testing for HI service charges are in progress.
- We are working on including ePrescribing with Bp VIP.net releases later this year.
A reminder to partners using stored procedures to write data to the Bp Premier database that validation should be conducted on relevant fields prior to executing the stored procedures.
Some examples of parameters in stored procedures requiring validation:
- Medicare number
- DVA number
- Phone numbers
Ensuring correct validation for parameters can prevent practices from encountering issues in areas such Medicare claiming with incorrect Medicare or DVA numbers, or being unable to send eScripts due to incorrect emails or phone numbers being recorded for patients through third party integrations.
We are always working on enhancements and ways to improve the integration experience so extra validation may be implemented within stored procedures in future and will be communicated with Partners when available for testing.
If there are any technical questions around the stored procedures, please reach out to the Partner Support team who can assist at email@example.com.
Our Silver and Gold Partners are eligible to publish an article in our blog every year. Blog posts focus on adding value to our customer base such as a case study or education piece for our mutual audience. We also provide a template to help shape your article.
Make the most of your engagement opportunity. Get in touch with your marketing team to forward schedule articles for inclusion on Bp’s website. The article could coincide with your roadmap and specific feature release.
For your technical resources, please take advantage of our Partner KB which provides an extensive overview of the integration framework. You can reach this KB by clicking here.
I joined Bp Software in March of 2022 as a Partnership Specialist working with Industry and Commercial Partners, ensuring products remain conformant and compliant and meeting the latest industry standards as well as working with new and existing commercial partners.
Previously, I worked as a pharmacy technician in a community pharmacy while studying with the Open University in Wales for a BSc (Hons) in Computing and Mathematics.
I gained employment at the NHS Wales Informatics Service working on application support and development for national products used by GP practices and community pharmacies. During this time, I achieved my Post Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics before leaving Wales for Australia.
In my spare time, I enjoy playing the piano and crocheting.
To ensure the Bp Partner Support team and all our Partners are able to provide a speedy resolution to any issues. ensure the following information is provided when engaging Partner Support:
• Partners are to engage Practices in the first instance to assist in identifying issues before engaging Best Practice;
• What version of Best Practice the customer is using and what is the most recent data update installed;
• Screenshots of the issue;
• Error logs;
• What steps were taken prior to the error occurring.
Discover the Bp Software Partner Forum!
The Bp Forum provides the opportunity to engage with both Bp and other Partners who are part of the Bp Partner Network. We encourage all our Partners to use this space to share feedback, enhancements and to report bugs.
Register your account here.
Once registered, reach out to the Commercial Team on firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add the appropriate access to your account.
Revenue Share Reporting Requirements
We would like to take this time to remind all Partners who are Silver Tier that the total revenue to be reported to be is not after costs (e.g. operational cost of delivering an SMS or payment transactions).
The Total Gross Revenue definition is available in the Partnership Agreement.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Commercial Team.
For technical questions regarding the integration, email our Partner Support team on email@example.com or call us on 1300 40 1111 option 4.
Members of the Bp Partner Network can also access our Partner Knowledge Base for technical documentation and our Partner Forum for additional support.
For enquiries regarding the Bp Partner Network or access to any of the links above, email our Partnerships Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore our range of news and training resources:
Bp Learning Video Library | Bp Learning Training Options | Bp Newsroom Blog
Subscribe to Our Newsletters | Bp Learning Webinars